Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Texas HIPPY Kick Off
* first trip away from home without family / children
* first time to try archery / canoeing / rock wall climbing
* first time staying at a camp
* first off site training / conference
* first time staying overnight with people from work, sharing a dorm with them!
I know that this was a hardship for some of the team, just being away from family, much less sleeping in a bunkhouse with a bunch of colleagues! I saw a lot of support, smiles and flexibility--even in the face of hardship. It was a pleasure to spend a few days under the pine trees, talking about dreams of the future and scholarships, and getting to know each other better. I especially enjoyed the evening chat around the fire, making s'mores and sharing funny stories. We're already planning next year's event!